Techniques in Crocheting
step in a crochet project is knowing the technique of holding the hook
and correct yarning so that you are comfortable with them when working
on a project. Let us start with teaching as how to hold the hook.
* You can hold the hook as if you were holding a pencil - try to hold the same position and apply a light grip on the hook
* You can hold the hook as if you were holding a spoon when mixing something that is thick in its consistency.
And now it is about the yarn.
The fundamental or the basic technique is to make a slip knot, duly attaching the yarn to your hook. The simple steps to tie the slip knot are:
* Loop the yarn around your left index finger
* Hold the loop between your left index finger and thumb as you let the yarn slip from your finger
* Draw the loop up and around the hook duly holding the hook with your right hand
pull both the ends in opposite direction. This will tighten the knot
and make it smaller.
A bit of practice will make you adept in the technique of feeding yarn into your work. After picking up the yarn with your left palm, thread the yarn through the fingers with your left hand facing up. You will succeed in getting the natural flow of the yarn through your fingers as you practice. You can get the desired tension or the tightness of the yarn by moving your index finger up and down.
| Some of the terms used in Crochet | Submission of Crocheters ideas | Technique like Single Half double Double and Treble crochet | Techniques in Crocheting | The Button and Cluster Stitch | Tips on using the chains | Tools Markers Needles etc for Crocheting | Turning chains for stitch | Types of Stitches in Crocheting | Yarn and Chain Stitch Technique | Yarns that do not go well with Crochet |
FREE -$67 Value
Signup Below Now and Get Your FREE Copy of The Best Selling eBook Titled "All About crochet". Also As a Valued Subscriber We Will Be Sharing Useful Resources, Articles, Tips & Techniques Related to crocheting.
Note : Don't Worry.. Your Privacy is Always Respected & Protected.